Today, India is one of the most popular and highly preferred destinations in the entire world, for superlative education, both at school level, and the higher education level. The main reasons for this situation are - India’s third largest and well-developed educational infrastructure, its fast-paced economic progress with striking developments in various economic sectors including education and teaching and professions, a large number of internationally reputed institutes and universities for top-notch higher education in diverse disciplines, quite economical institutional and study charges and fees, easily affordable accommodation facilities, coverage of a rather extensive range of professional and industrial disciplines, a variety of scholarships, ever-increasing employment opportunities in India, and prompt and responsive consultation services for studies in India. Hence, a huge number of students, professionals, and scholars visit India every year for higher studies in their respective fields.
To help Indian and global students, scholars, and professionals, provided below is rich and very fertile information regarding the higher education in india, the most popular higher education courses in India, and most reputed and popular universities and institutes of India to Indian and global people. Today, the ‘online india education’ is also gaining grounds fast, and is being availed of by a large number of Indian and foreign students and working professionals, every year.
Top Higher Education in India
All significant disciplines or streams of higher education are quite well-developed and refined in India, and a huge number of educational institutions offer ace-quality courses in these disciplines in India, including the online courses. These courses of ‘india education’ are approved and promoted by UGC, DEC, AICTE, MCI, BCI, INC, NCTE, PCI, DCI, and many other regulatory and supervisory authorities and bodies. At, present, the following universities and institutes are rather famous worldwide for superb-quality higher education in india in diverse streams:
- Jawaharlal Nehru University (JNU), New Delhi
- Indian Institutes of Management (IIMs)
- AIIMS, New Delhi
- NLSIU, Bangalore
- Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs)
- University of Delhi (DU), New Delhi
- Banaras Hindu University (BHU), Varanasi
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU), New Delhi
- University of Pune, Pune
- Indian School of Business (IBS), Hyderabad
- University of Mumbai, Mumbai
- University of Madras, Chennai
- Punjab University (PU), Chandigarh
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- University of Calcutta, Kolkata
- National Institutes of Technology (NITs)
- Sikkim Manipal University (SMU), Manipal
- Osmania University, Hyderabad
- VIT University, Vellore
- Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences, Mumbai
- Indian School of Mines, Dhanbad
- Anna University, Chennai
- Other Central, State-funded, and Private universities.
The majority of these institutions for top education india, also offer distance learning courses in many fields or in the concerned field. Again, at present, the following subjects are most popular in connection with the higher education india, by Indian and foreign students, scholars, and professionals - business administration and management; engineering and technology; information technology; medical and paramedical; law and paralegal; accounting and commerce; computer hardware and software; sciences; culinary and hospitality; e-business and commerce; mass communication and journalism; languages and literature; education, training, and teaching; internet and multimedia; fashion technology; social sciences; etc.