The school level scholarships, which are also called as the pre-matric scholarships, consist of the primary and secondary school level scholarships, and the high school level scholarships. Consequently, these school level scholarships are obtainable by children and students studying in classes 1 to 10th or 11th. The main aims of such school level scholarships are to provide essential financial support to students belonging to financially poor and deprived backgrounds, and rural regions of the country. Ours this well-drafted web-article provides very beneficial information about the various school level scholarships in india, with a view to inform and help meritorious and bright students who are confined in financial constraints.
In India, these school level scholarships are mainly and primarily offered by the Central and State Governments of India, through their diverse departments and ministries. However, some government-funded institutions and private organizations and trusts also offer such scholarships. These school grants scholarships enable students to pursue elementary education smoothly, recognize their inner talents, and hone their specific professional skills, for building a rich career in any field in future. Some school-level scholarships and contests also help school students in building their confidence and social recognition. Some merit-based scholarships also help students in taking admission to prestigious colleges after their school education. Also, the boarding school scholarships are elegant enough to provide a rather constructive learning environment to the students, along with continuation of the school education of high standards.
High School Level Scholarships in India
As India is a vast country with the second largest population in the whole world, and the third largest educational infrastructure of the world in respect of the massive number of enrolments every year, India has many prudent and prestigious scholarship schemes for school students, both for male and female students. In this respect, the Government of India, its Department of Science & Technology, the National Council for Educational Research and Training (NCERT), and the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) have been highly active, in addition to the departments and institutions of the various State Governments.Though there are a large number of school level scholarships offered in India by governmental and private institutions and organizations, the following are some of the most popular and reputed school level scholarships in India, at present:
- National Talent Search Scheme (NTSS) / Examination (NTSE) [conducted by NCERT]
- Chacha Nehru Scholarships for Artistic and Innovative Excellence
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY)
- SEATS Scholarship for School Students [conducted every year by the Department of Science and Technology, Government of India]
- National Merit-cum-Means Scholarship Scheme
- Incentives to Girls for Secondary Education
- Scholarship schemes for Minority students
- Pre-Matric Scholarship Scheme to OBCs
- Balika Samridhi Yojana
- The Velammal Science Talent Search Exam
- AVIVA Young Scholar Award
- And, many other Scholarships for School Students by the Central and State Governments, and private or corporate organizations.