The iit india also known as Indian Institutes of Technology is one of the main body that offers outstanding courses for engineering education and research that are accepted to be the best in the country and outstanding among the top centers of learning in the world. The institutes have been opened under the Institutes of Technology Act, 1961 that safe guards these centers of learning as part of the national important institutes.
The main purpose of the iit in india to offer the students outstanding courses that are offered in the field of technology that are provided in the form of engineering education and research. At present there are different levels of learning that are available in the undergraduate and research level. The main purpose of the courses that are offered here are to enhance the research level of the studies that are done in diverse areas in various field that are done in such a way that it will help in a way to enhance the series of learning that are inclusive of the spreading of knowledge. As part of the areas that are found here are comprehensive in nature that has from technology to basic sciences and humanities that will boost the education and research section of the learning that are offered in diverse areas of the curriculums that are found here. There are five different sections that are found here in the area of science and technology that are found throughout the country in five centers as:
- Indian Institutes of Technology in Energy Studies (Delhi)
- Material Science (Kanpur)
- Cryogenic Engineering (Kharagpur)
- Ocean Engineering (Madras)
- Resource Engineering (Bombay)
The iit institute in india has been designed in such a way that will give the students and its faculty members that ample of opportunity to grow and bring in new studies in different areas. The faculty members that are found here are the best in the field and have rich experience in handling every situation that comes in the teaching and learning process. It also has state of the art facilities that are inclusive of the latest technologies and advancement that will help in their studies and research.
The admission that are being done in iit institute in india are done on the basis of their scores that the students can score in the Indian Institute of Technology-Joint Entrance Examination (IIT-JEE) which occurs annually. This is consist of two phase which is JEE-MAIN and JEE-ADVANCED along with the academic credentials that the students have achieved.
List of Top Indian Institutes of Technology
As part of the list of iit in india that are found here comprises of sixteen Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs) that are well spread throughout the country. These work under The Institutes of Technology Act, 1961 as an important part of the national educational centers.
Here is the list of top iit in india as follows:
- Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur (IIT KGP)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bombay (IITB)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IITM)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kanpur (IITK)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi (IITD)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati (IITG)
- Indian Institute of Technology, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Rajasthan
- Indian Institute of Technology, Ropar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mandi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Indore
- Indian Institute of Technology, Patna
- Indian Institute of Technology, Gandhi Nagar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Bhubaneshwar
- Indian Institute of Technology, Varanasi